The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) created the modern notion of a centralized New York Fashion Week in 1993. New York Fashion Week is held twice a year in the month of February and September when international fashion collections are shown to the larger audience comprising of buyers, the press and general public. It mostly lasts for 7-9 days. It is a joint venture. In other words, there are a lot of producers involved from different groups. It has its root as long back in 1943 when the first fashion show was organized.
How to go to New York Fashion Week?
The problem is that tickets are limited and there are a lot of people interested to be its part. Following are ways in which one can go to a New York Fashion Week:
- If you are associated with big designing companies or if you are a VIP or VVIP then you might even get an invite. And even if you don’t get an invite getting a ticket is easy via NYFW’s official website.
- If you have a contact with any person in the fashion or designing industry then you can ask for their help.
- You can also write a mail two three months prior to the fashion week. However, remember that they receive a lot of mails so you need to be truly convincing for them to give you a ticket.
- Another way is you can check the designers who are part of the fashion week on the NYFW website and then contact the respective designer saying that you would like to volunteer for same.
- These are the different ways in which one can try to get a ticket to New York fashion week. It is definitely hard for general public but it is not impossible if you really wish to go.