A healthy diet means a diet composed of fruits and vegetables, minerals, carbohydrates, vitamins, heart-healthy fats, starches, whole grains and protein-rich food with lesser content of added sugar and salt to it. Eating healthy is very important for the following reasons:
- A healthy diet helps in maintaining the overall health of the body.
- Eating healthy food helps in losing excess of weight.
- Healthy diet patterns eliminate the chances of development of chronicle diseases such as heart attack
- Recently researchers have found that eating an unhealthy diet may lead to obesity and cancer.
- Eating healthy food helps in managing diabetes.
- Health of present generation determines the health of the next generation; therefore, eating healthy food is vital.
- The healthy diet should be rich in calcium and magnesium so as to maintain bone density.
- A healthy diet may reduce the chances of dementia and cognitive decline.
- A diet comprising of sufficient amount of fruits, whole grains and legumes help in strengthening the immune system and fighting up with a bacterial infection.
- Healthy diet helps in increasing the productivity and stamina of the body.
Good food gives the good sleep and healthy mind.
Therefore, in order to live a healthy life, certain fooding habits such as eating unhealthy diet should be replaced with a healthy diet. Above all, a healthy diet gives the energy to stay active throughout the day and nutrients helps in repair and growth of the body and prevent diet-related illness.